Tel: 06763-302251 | Fax: 06763-302252 | Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Please name the typical fields of application for scissors-stands
2. What are the supports of a
scissors - stand for?
Only to lift the scissors-stand
For safe positioning of the scissors - stand
To unload freight from a truck
3. Please name the basis of the operational health and safety protection
according to Occupational Safety and Health Act. (Working Environment Act )
The manufacturers instruction manual
Quality management system
Risk assessment according German occupational health and safety act
4. Please name a typical reason why accidents happen during operating a scissors - stand
Because of manipulating the operation controls
Because of incorrect use of the manlifter
Because of carrying personal protection equipment
5. What are the reasons for most accidents during the operation of scissor - stands
By operators mistake
By malfunction of the scissor-stand
By lack in organisational structure
6. Which information about the stabilising legs of a scissors-stand is correct?
It effects the stability in a negativ way
It must not be used
It increasas stability and must be used according the producer's instruction manual
7. Who is allowed to operate manlifters and scissor stands in the company?
Only operators who have run through a theoretical and practical Training and are instructed by the employer in written form
Employees who have got a short briefing
Employees with a bit of knowledge in accident prevention
8. Which statement caracterizes a conscientious man-lift-operator
He creates his own accident prevention regulations
He works always very quick
He always operates in accordance with the safety regulations. He is a role model for his colleagues and does not let put himself under pressure.
9. If you found a fault on a cherry
Picker What will you do?
Notify the supervisor and stop the work
Repair the man-lifter
10.Which legal consequences can threaten
the operator if a colleague is badly injured
ore killed because of the colleagues
own negigent conduct?
Only a fine to the amount of 1250,- €
A fine or imprisionment of up to 5 years or suspended sentence, too
No punishment possible
11. What can happen if a manlifter - operator badly injures a colleague because of his gross negligence
Recourse claim of the employers' liability insurance association
Redress by the prosecutors' office only in Berlin?
Redress by the German Federal Office of Criminal Investigation
12. Which statement in relation to
truck-mounted manlifters is correct?
The operator does not need a training for it
The driver needs a driving licence
The operator needs a written order by the police to operate
the manlifter on the factory premises
13.What are the advantiges of articulated
telescoping boom lifts against others?
They cannot overturn
They are allways easier to operate than others
They are especially suited for work on difficult - to - get - to places
14. Which statement about scissor - stands is correct?
They are standing safer than truck-mounted scissors - stands
They must always be used outdoor
They have a large working platform available together with a huge
nominal load of 1000kg
15. Which advantages have trailer - mounted manlifters
They can be transported to the site of operation easy and fast
They have no advantages and must not be used
They are always heavier than other manlifters
16. can the operation of a manlifter be
Yes, it is always!
Yes, if it will be operated with large accident risk and
throug noncompliance of the risk - factors
17. Which kind of manlifter can be equiped with a drop - and - stop - feature?
Truck - mounted manlifters
18. Which significance have the yellow warning signs on a manlifter?
They substitute the operators manual
They warn of risks and danger
They inform about the wheels - dimension in inch
19. Which demands will be made on the control equipment?
They must not be blocked agains the moving direction of the manlifter
They must always have a lock
They must be equiped with a cover against inadvertent
operation and must not have a lock
20. What do operators have to take care of after the end of using a manlifter
Placing chocks in front of the rear wheels
Securing against unauthorised us, e.g. removing the starter key
Removing the starter key and placing it onto the right front wheel
21. Why does the operator have to perform
the daily field test?
Only to identify the age of the manlifter
To check if the manlifter is in good order and condition before starting work
only to find damages on the manlifter and to repair it unprofessional by himself
22. Are you alowed as an operator of a manlifter to climb on the rail or to extend the high of the manlifter with e. g. a ladder?
No, but exception are possible within heavy wind
Yes, everything is allowed
23. What does the operator of a manlifter have to pay attention to when driving on unknown
Outdoor use is always safe as long as no pouring rain, snow ore ice comes into play.
Before driving on unknown underground it must be controlled according to suitability and carrying capacity.
To strengthen or to cover the underground with wooden boards is always enough.
24. How does a user of a manlifter have to act if he has no visual contact with the positioner
Drive on slowly
Stop all movement immediately
Reduce the speed
25. Which statement about driving a manlifter with lifted working-platform is correct?
Only manlifter with swivel arm (group B) can be moved with lifted platform
This procedure is allowed if the producer has provided that the driver
moves the manlifter in staggered operation, only.
Only upright lifts (group A) can be moved with lifted platform
26. Heavy wind influences the safe use of a manlifter. Until which windforce the manlifter is allowed to be used normally?
Windforce 6 = 12,5m/sec ( 45km/h)
Windforce 12,5 = 93,75 km/h
27. How do you act correctly after the manlifter has touched an overhead line
Leave the manlifter in up - position to switch the power off.
If it is not possible to move the manlifter out of the danger zone - do not leave the manlifter, do not touch metallic components and press the emergency stop button Warn the colleagues and let them switch off the power
Press the emergency stop butten - nothing else
28. Which statement about
usage of tensioning straps is correct
Defektive tensioning straps must no longer be used and must be put out of operation
Defekt tensioning straps can still be used as a load securing device for heavy load
Tensioning straps must only be controlled every 5 years
29. What is necessary if a second person in the malifter works with a chain saw?
A red and white ribbon with magnetic fixing
A helmet with a yellow flash light
An additional dividing grill between driver and chain saw user
30. What do you have to keep in mind
if using basic plates for the stability of the manlifter
The stabilizing legs can be placed excentric on the basic plates
if the basic plates have a red-coloured outside edge
The stabilizing legs must always be in the middle of the basic plates
The stabilizing legs can always be out of the middle of the basic plates
31. What does the load measurement of a scissor effect?
It avoids falling bellow the allowed nominal load ( carrying capacity)
It avoids exceeding the allowed nominal load (carrying capacity)
The overload must be removed!
It increases the stability of the leading axle
32. What is the function of a pot whole protection of a manlifter
It increeses the chassis clearance during lifting the manlifter
It reduces the chassis clearance during lifting the manlifter
It reduces the distance between chassis and lifting equipment
33. Which statement according to the use of protective equipment against falling
on manlifters is correct?
On swinging arm manlifters ( like "cherry-pickers") wearing of protective equipment agains falling is essential
On upright man lifters ( like "scissor stands") wearing of protective equipment against falling is required
In general there is no need to carry protective equipment against falling in Japan and USA
34. How can a manlifter user inform himself fast and easy about the technical condition of the manlifter?
by asking the colleagues with the red armlet
by looking into the data sheets (test book)
by reading the user manual
35. What does the cover for the battery connetor avoid
the turnover of the manlifter
acid leaking out of the cells
a short circuit
36. The steering of a manlifter is defect. After letting go the controller it does not move into the zero possition again. What do you do?
Stop work immediately, inform your supervisor, arrange for repair
continue with work carefully and stop the manlifter with emergency stop
repair it by yourself to "score points"
37. What does a load - moment -stop of a manlifter activate?
The allowed overturning-moment is reached, movement of the manlifter stops. Only movement that reduces the overturning - moment is still possible.
The allowed positioning - moment is reached, movement of the manlifter stops. Only movement that reduces the positoning - moment is still possible.
The allowed overload moment is reached, movement of the manlifter stops. Only movement that reduces the overload moment is still possible.
38. A person was falling out of the manlifter and is hanging in the anti-fall guard
I let him hang in the anti - fall guard until the supervisor comes
I am doing nothing but calling the emergency rescue service
I push him to move his legs, drive down the manlifter slowly and call
the emergency rescue service
39. you are working outside with a manlifter. A thunderstorm is approaching. What do you do?
I call the supervisor and follow his orders
I stop all work with the manlifter and waiting sheltered until the thunderstorm is gone
I ground the manlifter and do not lift over 2,83 m.
40. When do you perform the daily field - test on the manlifter?
At start of work and allways after every short break.
At start of work before every use and allways at 12:15
Daily before the first use of the manlifter
Welcome to the test for operators of mobile lift work platforms.
Click one correct answer
6 errors allowed
We wish you success!